High efficiency heat pump for domestic hot water production up to -10 °C external air return. “A” Energy efficiency class.
The hot water heat pump CALIDO is one of the most economical systems to heat the water for family domestic use. Using free renewable energy from the air, the unit is highly efficient with low running costs. Its efficiency can be up to 3~4 times more than conventional gas boilers or electrical heaters.
The unit is especially designed for offering sanitary hot water for family use. Its extremely compact structure and elegant design are suitable for indoor installation.
To adapt to different installation requirements, the CALIDO unit is available in 3 versions:
• CALIDO: standard version, heat pump and the electric heater
• CALIDO-S: with auxiliary coil for use in combination with solar panels;
• CALIDO-D: with double auxiliary coil in order to have at the same time three energy sources.
FLEXIBILITY AND BENEFITS
• Waste heat recovery: the unit can be installed near the kitchen, in the boiler-room or the garage, basically in every room which has a large number of waste-heat so that it has the higher energy efficiency even with very low outside temperatures during the winter.
• Hot water, cooling and dehumidification: the unit can be placed in the laundry room, in clothing room, gym or garage. When it produces hot water it lowers the temperature and dehumidifies the room as well.
• Compatible with solar energy: the unit can work with a second heat source as solar panels, boilers or other different energy sources (remark: the extra heat source is not provided with).
• The function for which the unit has been designed is only that of heat pump for DHW production. Any other side effect (ambient cooling, dehumidification, waste heat recovery) should be considered as a perk. The performance data are therefore provided only with respect to the function of water heating.
The actual set of the heat pump is controlled by a weather curve for preventing the hot air taken from the outside (above 25°C), in this case alarms of high pressure can occur.
The electrical heater integrates automatically the temperature of the tank to the desired setting when the actual setting is controlled by the weather curve.
Predisposition for integration with photovoltaic system. After enabling the photovoltaic inverter, the set temperature will increase to the maximum value (according to the climate control).
Steel tank with double layer vitrification.
Anti-corrosion magnesium stick for assuring the durability of the tank.
Condenser wrapped externally to the boiler, free from fouling and gas-water contamination.
High thickness polyurethane foam (PU) thermal insulation.
Outer shell made of grey colour RAL 9006 plastic material.
Acoustically isolated top part plastic cover.
Highly efficient compressor with the R134a refrigerant.
High and low gas pressure protections.
Electrical heater available in the unit as a back-up (with integrated thermo cut out with protection set at 90°C), assuring constant hot water even in extreme cold winters.
ON-OFF contact for starting the unit from an external switch.
Weekly disinfection cycle.
Possibility of manage hot sanitary water re-circulation or solar water integration (presence of a dedicated temperature probe, flow switch input and command for an external pump).
Electronic expansion valve for precise control
The pipeline intake/discharge of the air can be reduced from 177 to 160 mm by a reduction / diaphragm (not provided) inserted into the end of the pipeline.